ServiceNow - "Service Graph Data Visualizer" and "IntegrationHub ETL"
as part of the Service Graph
ServiceNow CMDB is a single system of record which can maintain all configuration data related to a given infrastructure. An accurate and reliable CMDB is required for every successful ServiceNow implementation whether it be IT Service Management, IT Operations Management, IT Business Management, or Security Operations.
IntegrationHub ETL (IH-ETL) is a UI based tool that offers an easy to use interface to Extract, Transform and Load data from third-party data sources into the CMDB.
IH-ETL uses Concurrent Import Sets, Robust Transform Engine (RTE), and Identification and Reconciliation Engine (IRE) to ensure:
- Efficient import of data
- Mapping of complex, hierarchical data sets to appropriate CI classes
- Data stored in CMDB is aligned with the appropriate data model, and appropriate relationships between data entities are automatically created
IntegrationHub ETL (IH-ETL) is intended to be used by developers who are creating new integrations, as well as by CMDB Administrators who manage and fine-tune existing integrations. Some operation types supported in the UI require more advanced users (for example, creating a Script operation).
IH-ETL provides a wizard-style user experience that allows users to do the following:
- Import source data.
- Preview third-party source data and prepare it for mapping to CMDB classes and attributes.
- Choose target classes in the CMDB to which to map source data, and add relationships among these classes.
- Preview sample integration results and schedule imports.
- Perform rollback if the results of the preview are not satisfactory.
- Ability to Activate/Deactivate mappings to prevent a class from being populated during the integration run, while preserving all of its mapping configuration.
The Service Graph Data Visualizer is a tool that can be used to get a visual representation of the data transformations and mappings that are configured in a Service Graph connector. It enables you to see how the input fields from source data are processed and mapped to the target entities in the CMDB
Getting multiple views of the data mapping and transformation including:
- See how any output field is mapped
- See how input fields are used
- See all the mapping and transformation associated with a target entity
- Specify values for input fields and preview the results of the transformation on that data.
In addition, you have the ability to create either an SVG or a PNG of the resulting visualization.