ServiceNow how to build a link in Slack to redirect into the ServiceNow portal (simple url redirect)
Due to a few issues with the Slack integration, such as encountering a limit of 100 entries on reference fields, the following is a compromise solution
Slack will use a workflow to create a message and URL to user and redirect them to ServiceNow portal 'Report an Issue' record producer.
Steps to create a Slack workflow
- Login to Slack workspace (please contact Slack admin for workspace access)
- Click on your workspace name in the top left, Select Tools from the menu and Click on Workflow Builder, which will open in a new window.
- From Workflow Builder, click Create in the top right.
- Enter a name for your workflow, then click Next.
- Click Select next to the trigger(Shortcut) that you'd like to use.
- Select a channel from the drop-down menu.
- Add a short name for your workflow that will be visible in the attachments and shortcuts menu.
- Click Next.
- Click Add step to open the step library.
- Select 'Send a message' step.
- Click Add next to the step that you’d like to use.
- Select 'Channel where workflow started' for 'Send this message to:'
- Update message text with ServiceNow instance URL for 'Report an Issue' record producer, click on hyperlink button and add text and link
- Click on 'Publish'